Gateway Tabernacle Church was founded in September of 1987 by the late Bishop Patrick L. Davis and Bishop Daisy M. Davis in Martinsville, Indiana. Bishop Pat went to be with Lord in March of 2015 and his wife Daisy wanted to keep her husband’s ministry alive by stepping in as senior pastor after his death.
Spring 2021 Welcome Co-Pastor Bishop Mary J. Walls from Stinesville, Indiana
Bishop Mary J. Walls of the International Independent Churches Fellowship, Inc has been in the ministry most of her life. The daughter of two pastors, the late Bishop Robert and Rev. mother, Dorcas Anderson of Stinesville, Indiana. Bishop Mary pastored for twenty years in Stinesville as well. Bishop Mary has done general Biblical studies, but favors Biblical Archaeology. She has traveled to Israel and Jordan and considers being baptized in the Jordan river and the trip a life changing experience. The Bishop’s message is: “saved by Grace, Whosoever will let him come”.
At Gateway we are called to proclaim the Gospel of Christ and the beliefs of the evangelical Christian faith, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all persons a love for Christ, a passion for righteousness, and a consciousness of their duties to God and their fellow human beings. We pledge our lives to Jesus Christ and covenant with each other to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community. We are a full gospel, spirit filled church that believe in the baptism of water according to Acts 2:38 and the filling of the Holy Ghost and speaking of tongues. However, everyone is welcome at Gateway and we have members from all walks of life and denominations.
The church is very active in the community with many outreach programs, ministries, and services including:
* Partnered with Gleaners Food Bank of Indianapolis
* Volunteer and help coordinate the Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry on the second Saturday of each month at the Morgan County Fairgrounds in Martinsville, Indiana
* Operate a Food Pantry on Tuesday’s from 12 noon to 2 pm
* Participate in annual US Postal food drive each May
* Support local missions & many non-profit organizations
* Prayer Blanket Ministry for the sick
* The Sound in the Wilderness Anew music group ministry
* LTD Bam music ministries
* Cup of Love Coffeehouse with open mic on the first Sunday evening of each month
* Weekly Services
*Facebook Live church services
* Yearly VBS program
* Sunday School & youth ministries
*Anchor Podcast with music, worship, preaching, and testimonials.