Gateway Tabernacle Church was founded in September of 1987 by the late Bishop Patrick L. Davis and Bishop Daisy M. Davis in Martinsville, Indiana. Bishop Pat went to be with Lord in March of 2015 and his wife Daisy wanted to keep her husband’s ministry alive by stepping in as senior pastor after his death.
Spring 2022 Welcome Co-Pastor Rev. Tammy Davis from Indianapolis, IN. Tammy has been a member of Gateway Tabernacle for many years and is the late Bishop Patrick L. Davis’ daughter, and Bishop Daisy Davis’ step daughter. Tammy is a member of The Sound in the Wilderness Christian music group, and a member of LTD music duo of BAM, (born again ministries) with her husband Elder Lloyd Davis.
At Gateway we are called to proclaim the Gospel of Christ and the beliefs of the evangelical Christian faith, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all persons a love for Christ, a passion for righteousness, and a consciousness of their duties to God and their fellow human beings. We pledge our lives to Jesus Christ and covenant with each other to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community. We are a full gospel, spirit filled church that believe in the baptism of water according to Acts 2:38 and the filling of the Holy Ghost and speaking of tongues. However, everyone is welcome at Gateway and we have members from all walks of life and denominations.
The church is very active in the community with many outreach programs, ministries, and services including:
* Partnered with Gleaners Food Bank of Indianapolis
* Volunteer and help coordinate the Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry on the second Saturday of each month at the Morgan County Fairgrounds in Martinsville, Indiana
* Operate a Food Pantry on Tuesday’s from 10 am to 12 pm and 5 pm to 7 pm
* Participate in annual US Postal food drive each May
* Support local missions & many non-profit organizations
* Prayer Blanket Ministry for the sick
* The Sound in the Wilderness music group ministry
* LTD Bam music ministries
* Cup of Love Coffeehouse with open mic on the first Sunday evening of each month
* Weekly Services
*Facebook Live church services
* Yearly VBS program
* Sunday School & youth ministries
*Anchor Podcast with music, worship, preaching, and testimonials.