Gateway Tabernacle Church was founded in September of 1987 by Bishop Patrick L. Davis and Bishop Daisy M. Davis in Martinsville, Indiana. Bishop Pat went to be with Lord in March of 2015 and his wife Daisy wanted to keep her husband’s ministry alive by stepping in as senior pastor after his death.
At Gateway we are called to proclaim the Gospel of Christ and the beliefs of the evangelical Christian faith, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all persons a love for Christ, a passion for righteousness, and a consciousness of their duties to God and their fellow human beings. We pledge our lives to Jesus Christ and covenant with each other to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community. We are a full gospel, spirit filled church that believe in the baptism of water according to Acts 2:38 and the filling of the Holy Ghost and speaking of tongues. However, everyone is welcome at Gateway and we have members from all walks of life and denominations.
The church is very active in the community with many outreach programs and ministries including:
* Church radio program on FM 102.3 WCBK in Martinsville, Indiana every Sunday morning from 9:30 am to 10 am
* Partnered with Gleaners Food Bank of Indianapolis
*Operate a Food Pantry on Tuesday’s from 12 noon to 3 pm
* Participate in annual US Postal food drive each May
* Support local missions & many non-profit organizations Missions List for 2018
* Prayer Blanket Ministry for the sick
* The Sound in the Wilderness Anew music group ministry
* Cup of Love Coffeehouse with open mic on the first Sunday evening of each month
* Friday Ladies Bible Study 10 am to noon in Fellowship Hall
* Weekly Services
* Monthly Fellowship Meetings with affiliate church, Tabernacle of Praise in Ellettsville, Indiana
* Yearly VBS program
* Sunday School & youth ministries